So here I am. In a new city with not much figured out. But that is the excitement of moving to a big city in hopes of new opportunities, right? Let's hope so.
I will have to admit that I have had a pretty good start to my big adventure thus far. I have only been to a few places around Franklin (where I am currently living), but they have left me excited to discover all of the wonderful places around this big city.
After arriving in Nashville on Saturday evening, we (Mom, her boyfriend, Dan, Leigh, and I) went to a seafood place called Cajun Steamer. It was an unassuming place, which turned out to be delicious and fun! It was full of Louisiana/Gulf Coast memorabilia.
Dan and Leigh @ Cajun Steamer
It was an interesting choice of place, considering I just came from the Gulf! I guess I will never be able to escape it :) Everyone liked their dinner, especially my Mom who got these pretty oysters! I made her try an Abita beer, so she was really in Cajun-land.
Denise's oysters
After dinner, we went to one of the many trendy frozen yogurt shops here: Nati-Creme. It was adorable with a sort of French country decor. As I walked in, I saw a ton of toppings, ranging from cereal to fresh fruit to candy bars. In the back are big handles with flavor signs above them. I got a cup, chose New York Cheesecake and headed over to the toppings. It is overwhelming! I decided to go traditional with fresh blueberries and strawberries. SO GOOD.
My Nati-Creme
Since my brother's birthday is July 15th, my mom figured she might as well celebrate his birthday a little early. We went to dinner at Bonefish Grille and as always, it was delicious. We ordered a coconut pie thing for desert. But one desert just wasn't enough for the almost-birthday boy. Our waitress decided to bring out this MONSTER.
Dan & his birthday surprise
Browning cake, ice cream, whipped cream and raspberry sauce. Nothing says happy birthday like an unnecessarily large birthday desert, right??
And then fireworks...
So after a long weekend with my wonderful family and missing my friends, it is time to making the most of this amazing opportunity. Cross your fingers for me and my adventure in the big city. Here goes nothing!
I love you Kathleen and I love your first blog post and I love your blog design! Here's to the adventure of a lifetime! Can't wait to come see you! Dan & Leigh look great! Miss you.
ReplyDelete