Sunday, August 1, 2010

Decisions

Life is all about making decisions. Sometimes they are small. Sometimes they are big. Sometimes it is a simple decision that you barely have to think about. And other times you feel as though if you make the wrong decision, your life will be completely ruined.

Moving to Nashville was one of those big decisions. The pro/con list in my head kept growing and growing. But all along there was one thing that kept pushing me towards making this big change. I can't describe it as anything other than a gut feeling. It just felt right. I would tell people, "even if I hate it there, at least I tried."

This week I had a wonderful job opportunity come my way. The more I learned about it, the more I felt like it was just what I need. Just as I would tell myself, "OK, Kathleen, just do it!" there was a little voice in the back of my head that was asking, "but what if there is something better out there for you?"

After a lot of thinking, getting advice and opinions from the people I love, stressing out and praying, I made a decision. Why would I say no to a job that is seemingly perfect for me, just in the hopes that there is something better? That is so silly. Tomorrow is my first day and you know what? I feel confident in my decision. Ah. A weight has been lifted off of my shoulders.

Ha. Yeah right. My decision making is not done with. Now I have to decide where I am going to live...

I have one place in mind. I love it. A smile comes to my face every time I think about it. (Is that a little strange when I am talking about an apartment complex?) But it is a little on the high end. So here is my decision for this next week - do I live in a place that is a little expensive (that I can afford) that I know I will love living in or do I live somewhere $50-$100 cheaper and knowing that I will always compare to the place I love? So basically, should I be a little impractical or should I be realistic?

Decisions, decisions...

post signature

2 comments:

  1. girl i feel ya!!!!! making a big move is tough but refreshing!!!!! i say go with the place you love!!!! i've been thinking about moving to nashville....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm proud of you and ur new job. u go grl

    ReplyDelete