Can time please slow down for a second? I feel like all I do is work. I am at my nanny job all day and then some nights (although it seems like most nights) and weekends I am working at Gap. I am exhausted. But strangely enough, I am grateful for being so busy. I feel as though it is keeping me from just sitting around thinking about how much I miss all my friends.
Which brings me to my next big goal for living in this big city:
I have been here for 2 months now and I have yet to go out and make new friends. I'm sure this sounds silly and you are thinking to yourself, "Kathleen, it's not that hard you big baby. Just do it!" Sure, in theory it is simple. The truth is though, it's scary. I know that once I put myself out there for the 1st time I am going kick myself for not doing it sooner. Ugh. I hate being the new kid...
Next week (Thursday to be exact) I am moving into my very own apartment...and I am SO excited!! I decided to go for the apartment that I love and I got it :) I have been decorating this apartment in my head before I even got approved! I feel like once I move, I will really live here. I get to officially change my address to Nashville, Tennessee!! No more living out of boxes in a place that isn't mine. A sense of accomplishment? I think so!
So after I move in, it will be time to have some visitors....anyone???
Side note:
Congratulations to Erin (my bf from high school) and Ian and to Monti (my bf from college) and Kevin who are...PREGGERS. In fact, they called me in the same week to tell me. Haha! I am SO happy for all of y'all :) Love you guys!
Also, congratulations to Dan and Leigh on their brand new house! They actually moved in the 1st week of August, so this is a little overdue. Their house is amazing and I am so stinkin' happy for them :)

Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold... haha did you LOVE that cheese! I can't wait for you to move onto your own place YAY TANS!!! I'm super proud of you and love you BUNCHES...
ReplyDeleteand as usual.... I miss you!